think,think,think

People who don't think probably don't have brains; rather, they have grey fluff that's blown into their heads by mistake. ~Winnie the Pooh

Yup! Can relate to ole' Pooh Bear today as I dig my way through the grey fluff looking for something close to meaningful thought. So.... think, think, think, I was trying to think of something to wake my sleepy brain and remembered something profound I read (somewhere?). If you sit quietly and listen to your thoughts as they go by... just let them flow... don't judge them... don't get caught up in them... just listen and observe. Then realize that the real YOU is not the person thinking those thoughts... the real YOU, the soul of you, is the "thing" observing the person having the thoughts. I don't know; I tend to think it is just my brain multi-tasking. But performing this act reminds me much of trying to imagine the infiniteness of the universe; the frustration of not being able to clearly imagine infiniteness. I keep going back to "but what is outside the universe?" And my mind becomes boggled. And guess what? This brain exercise defeats the purpose. Because it is a dead end. And dead ends make me..... sleepy.

If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn't. ~Lyall Watson

Comments

1 Response to "think,think,think"

prayer bedes said... April 23, 2010 at 10:18 AM

"Did you ever stop to think and forget to start again?" Winnie the Pooh

The only reason I remember that quote is because I have a plaque of it hanging in my kitchen that I had an Etsy seller make for me. =)
http://www.etsy.com/listing/41589047/did-you-ever-stop-to-think-and-forget-to

Post a Comment