friends

I hope the day will be a lighter highway
For friends are found on every road
Can you ever think of any better way
For the lost and weary travelers to go

Making friends for the world to see
Let the people know you got what you need
With a friend at hand you will see the light
If your friends are there then everything's all right

It seems to me a crime that we should age
These fragile times should never slip us by
A time you never can or shall erase

As friends together watch their childhood fly

(Music by Elton John
Lyrics by Bernie Taupin
From the soundtrack Friends)


Laura

I talked with my best friend, Laura, today on the phone. It was the first time we have spoken in two years, and I was afraid our friendship was waning. But as friendships go, we picked right up where we left off two years ago, and our friendship is intact. I indeed feel "everything's all right."

Okay, so how can you NOT talk to your best friend in two years? How can you remain best friends when you have not talked in two years??? Well, all I know is I don't think either of us has had much free time on our hands. And shit happens. And before you know it, shit has taken over your life. I honestly have not had (made) time for friends in the past couple of years. And it sounded very much as though she hadn't either. But I'm vowing to renew our friendship. Because, remember? My word for the year is smile:)

Tomorrow I will post something I wrote about Laura several years ago. I have to dig it up... until then... go hug a friend!

(Photo: Friends Terri, Kathy, Laura, Lynn - bestest buds since childhood)

Comments

0 Responses to "friends"

Post a Comment